Who and Why should you consider us for Superintendent Pharmacist training?
The course is aimed at pharmacists wishing to progress to a Superintendent Pharmacist role, but whose experience of the role may be limited managerial or locum positions in the independent pharmacy sector or in one of the pharmacy multiples. In all cases exposure to the Superintendent Pharmacist role, responsibilities and duties may be limited or limited to one style.
Additionally, you may already be in a Superintendent Pharmacist role and just need some guidance or new ideas building your confidence and professionalism.
Pharmacy is changing. Consultations are currently taking place on
- the ‘Standards for Pharmacy Professionals’ by the GPhC (ending 27/6/16)
- and with the Department of Health on hub and spoke operation and other changes to The Human Medicines (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2016 (ending 17/5/16) which are planned to come into force 1st October 2016.
The course will open up discussion on these consultations and include a look back into Hub and Spoke operations over the last 10 years. The chances are that you have not had experience with Hub and Spoke as a community pharmacist. Here is a chance to gain a better understanding and how it may affect you or provide you with new opportunities.
Why this course?
Pharmacy Consulting Ltd have experience working as Superintendent Pharmacists in a wide range of pharmacy operations from major chain pharmacy to independent pharmacy, to hospital out-patient pharmacy to hub and spoke pharmacy.
- Pharmacy ethics
- Role, responsibilities and duties of a Superintendent Pharmacist
- Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Pharmacy audits/self-audits/review
- GPhC inspection
- NHS terms of service and audit
- Proposed changes to Standards for pharmacy professionals by the GPhC
- DH proposals for Hub and Spoke operations and other proposed changes