Who and Why should you consider us for Responsible Pharmacist training?
The course is aimed at those who wish to be based in the community such as:
- preregistration trainees registering this as pharmacists this summer
- recently qualified pharmacists
- pharmacists returning to practice after a career break
- European Union pharmacists new to the UK wishing to register in the UK.
- Pharmacists needing guidance to improve practice
Indeed, any pharmacist, who have had limited exposure or a narrow view of UK pharmacy operations.
At this time Pharmacy in the UK is changing. Consultations are currently taking place on
- the ‘Standards for Pharmacy Professionals’ by the GPhC (ending 27/6/16)
- and with the Department of Health on hub and spoke operation and other changes to The Human Medicines (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2016 (ending 17/5/16) which are planned to come into force 1st October 2016.
The course will open up discussion on these consultations and include a look back into Hub and Spoke operations over the last 10 years. The chances are that you have not had experience with Hub and Spoke as a community pharmacist or pre-registration pharmacist. Here is a chance to gain a better understanding and how it may affect you or provide you with new opportunities.
Why this course?
Pharmacy Consulting Ltd have experienced consultant Pharmacists who have worked in a wide range of pharmacy operations from major chain pharmacy to independent pharmacy, to hospital out-patient pharmacy to hub and spoke pharmacy.
- Pharmacy ethics
- Role, responsibilities and duties of a Responsible Pharmacist
- Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Pharmacy audits/self-audits/review
- GPhC inspection
- NHS terms of service and audit
- Proposed changes to Standards for pharmacy professionals by the GPhC
- DH proposals for Hub and Spoke operations and other proposed changes