In 2005, the senior consultant from Pharmacy Consulting Ltd (PCL) read about an anti-counterfeiting technology trial that had just been conducted in a small number of UK pharmacies by Aegate Ltd, at that time owned by PA Consulting Ltd. Following an expression of interest by PCL in this work, a meeting was arranged between the sole pharmacist at Aegate and the senior consultant from PCL. This meeting lead on to PCL working with Aegate for 4 years to help support the development and adoption of their technology both in the UK and in various European countries.
The Pharmacy Consulting solution
Over a period of years a number of projects were performed including arranging and hosting:
- a visit of Aegate software developers to a UK community pharmacy
- a visit for an Aegate executive to a busy European pharmacy
- a visit to the President of the Belgian equivalent of the RPSGB
- visits to various UK suppliers with whom Aegate would need to work to launch their service
- researching the market opportunities for the Aegate technology in two specific European countries
The customer benefits
The involvement of the senior consultant from PCL with Aegate Ltd allowed the customer to rapidly identify and access senior people they needed to influence concerning the launch of their new service, both in the UK and in the EU
When assessing the state of readiness of other European markets for the Aegate service, the research undertaken by PCL on two specific markets rapidly gave the necessary background to prioritise their future country by country investment strategy.